“Từ vựng” là vũ khí được tính điểm trong bài thi IELTS Speaking và Writing, tuy nhiên bạn phải biết cách sử dụng từ vựng để tăng điểm cho phần thi của mình. Chính vì vậy, hocsinhgioi đã tổng hợp từ vựng theo từng chủ đề 30 chủ đề phổ biến nhất trong bài thi IELTS để thuận lợi cho việc học tập của bạn.
Link tải trọn bộ 30 Topic Related Vocabulary for IELTS ở cuối bài viết nhé!
Nội dung chính
1. Chủ đề Holiday
1.1. Từ vựng chủ đề Holiday
- All-in package/package holiday: a holiday where you purchase the travel and accommodation together
- Breathtaking view: an extremely beautiful view
- Charter-flight: a cheaper form of flying than a scheduled flight
- Check-in desk: the place at the airport where you register for your flight and deposit your luggage
- Departure lounge: where you wait for your flight to be called
- Far-off destination: somewhere a long way away
- To get away from it all: to take a holiday to escape a busy or stressful lifestyle
- Guided tour: an organized group shown around a place of interest by an expert
- Holiday brochure: a glossy publication with details of holiday packages
- Holiday destination: where you go for a holiday
- Holiday of a lifetime: a special holiday that you are unlikely to repeat
- Holiday resort: a place where lots of people go for a holiday
- Hordes of tourists: crowds of tourists
- Local crafts: objects produced locally
- Long weekend: an extended weekend holiday including Friday or Monday
- Out of season: outside of the main holiday period
- Picturesque village: very pretty village
- Passport control: the place where your passport is checked
- Places of interest: sites of interest to tourists
- Wildlife safari: a holiday, often in Africa, to observe wild animals
- Self-catering: a holiday where you supply your own food
- Short break: a short holiday
- To go sightseeing: to look around the tourist sites
- Stunning landscape: extremely beautiful countryside
- Travel agent: a shop that specializes in booking holidays
- Tourist trap: somewhere where too many tourists go
- Youth hostel: a cheap form of accommodation
1.2. Câu hỏi về chủ đề Holiday
Dưới đây là tổng hợp những câu hỏi phổ biến trong phần thi Speaking IELTS. Đi kèm có câu trả lời để bạn tham khảo.
Part 1-style questions
Question: What kind of holiday do you like?
Answer: I try to avoid tourist traps … I like to get away from it all and prefer going somewhere off the beaten track … last year I had the holiday of a lifetime … a two-week wildlife safari in Kenya.
Question: What do you like to do when you’re on holiday?
Answer: I enjoy visiting the local places of interest … I like to go sightseeing and always sign up for guided tours as it’s a chance to be shown around and take photographs … one of my hobbies.
Question: Do you have many tourists in your country?
Answer: Yes … we have a lot of holiday resorts along the coast that are popular with tourists … most people come on package holidays and stay in one of the many hotels and self-catering apartments.
Part 2-style task
Describe a beautiful place you once visited. You should say:
- when you went to this place
- where it was
- who you went with
and say why you liked it so much.
A few years ago I went on a long weekend to the Lake District in the UK … it’s a very popular holiday destination in the north of England … I went on my own and had a wonderful time … I stayed in a youth hostel and met some really nice people … but the most memorable thing about the holiday were the breathtaking views … and lovely picturesque villages … it can get very busy with hordes of tourists so I decided to go out of season in the autumn … the weather was fantastic and the shops were full of local crafts … a really great holiday … it’s certainly not the kind of short break for someone looking for a busy nightlife but if you want to relax in the middle of stunning landscape I would certainly recommend a holiday to the Lake District.
2. Chủ đề Relationship
2.1. Từ vựng chủ đề Relationship
- To break up: to end a romantic relationship
- To drift apart: to become less close to someone
- To enjoy someone’s company: to like spending time with someone
- To fall for: to fall in love
- To fall head over heels in love: to start to love someone a lot
- To fall out with: to have a disagreement and stop being friends
- To get on like a house on fire: to like someone’s company very much indeed
- To get on well with: to understand someone and enjoy similar interests
- To get to know: to begin to know someone
- To go back years: to have known someone for a long time
- To have a lot in common: to share similar interests
- To have ups and downs: to have good and bad times
- A healthy relationship: a good, positive relationship
- To hit it off: to quickly become good friends with
- To be in a relationship: to be romantically involved with someone
- To be just good friends: to not be romantically involved
- To keep in touch with: to keep in contact with
- To lose touch with: to not see or hear from someone any longer
- Love at first sight: to fall in love immediately you meet someone
- To pop the question: to ask someone to marry you
- To see eye to eye: to agree on a subject
- To settle down: to give up the single life and start a family
- To strike up a relationship: to begin a friendship
- To tie the knot: to get married
- To be well matched: to be similar to
- To work at a relationship: to try to maintain a positive relationship with someone
2.2. Câu hỏi về chủ đề Relationship
Part 1-style questions
Question: Do you see your friends very often?
Answer: Yes … we meet up most weekends … we all get on really well and have a lot in common so we’re always happy doing the same things and going to the same places.
Question: What do you like about your close friends?
Answer: I think we enjoy each other’s company … we see eye-to-eye on most things so we rarely fall out with each other.
Question: Have you known each other long?
Answer: Most of them yes … although my closest friend Carrie … we struck up a relationship at college and got on like a house on fire … but yes … my other friendships go back years to when we were at school.
Part 2-style task
Describe a person you are very close to. You should say:
- who this person is
- when you met them
- where you met them
and say what it is about them you like so much.
I’d like to talk about my boyfriend … Jose … we got to know each other at University almost 4 years ago … we were in the same department … initially we were just good friends and used to go out in a group with our other friends … when Jose went back to Spain for the holidays we would keep in touch with each other … then one year he invited me to come to Spain with him … and that’s when we fell for each other I think … so you couldn’t really say it was love at first sight as it had been over a year since we’d met … but we really hit it off and by the time we got back to university in September we were able to tell all our friends that we were in a relationship … what do I like about Jose … well he’s very kind … very funny … and very supportive … and we’re really well matched in our interests … he hasn’t popped the question yet though … we’ve talked about getting married and I think we’re both ready to settle down and have children … we’ll just have to wait and see …
Xem thêm những bài viết đáng chú ý
- Tổng hợp từ vựng tiếng Anh miêu tả con người chuẩn
- Tổng hợp Từ vựng tiếng Anh về chủ đề phim ảnh thường gặp
- 102+ từ vựng tiếng Anh về quần áo thông dụng hay gặp nhất
3. Chủ đề Technology
3.1. Từ vựng chủ đề Technology
- To access websites/email: to locate
- To back up files: to make a copy of files in case of a computer problem
- To boot up: to start a computer
- To bookmark a webpage: to mark a webpage for future reference
- To browse websites: to look at websites
- A computer buff: an expert computer user
- To crash: to suddenly stop working
- To cut and paste: to move text or images from one place in a document to another place
- A desktop PC: a computer that isn’t portable and remains in situ on a desk
- Digital editing: to edit digital materials like audio or video files
- Download (podcasts): to save a copy of a file from the internet to your own device
- To enter a web address: to type the address of a website into the address bar of our browser
- A gadget: a technological tool like a mobile phone or camera
- To go online: to start using the Internet
- High-spec (laptop): powerful computer with top quality components
- Internet security: Internet safety
- Intranet: a network of connected computers within an organization that is not accessible by unauthorized visitors
- To navigate a website: to find your way around a website
- Operating system: the software that tells the computer how to work
- Send an attachment: send an email with an accompanying file
- Social media: media used to interact with other people such as Facebook or Twitter
- To surf the web: to look at a series of websites one after the other
- A techie: somebody who has an interest in technology
- To upgrade: to obtain a more powerful or feature-rich computer or piece of oftware
- Video conferencing: to see and hear people from different locations using the Internet
- Wireless hotspot: a public place where you can access the Internet
- Wireless network: a network where users can access the Internet without the use of fixed cables
- Word processing; producing written texts on a computer
3.2. Câu hỏi về chủ đề Technology
Part 1-style questions
Question: Do you enjoy using technology?
Answer: Well … I wouldn’t call myself a techie or a computer buff but I enjoy using computers … I’d like to find out more about how they work … when my computer crashes I never know what to do.
Question: Do you use the Internet for your studies?
Answer: Yes … I’d be lost without it … I do lots of videos conferencing to practice speaking and social media like Facebook is a good way to meet up with other students … and I download podcasts that teach English vocabulary and grammar.
Question: Do you have your own computer?
Answer: Yes … I have a Macbook Pro … I use it all the time … for word processing … browsing websites and catching up with TV programs I’ve missed.
Part 2-style task
Describe an item of technology you have that is very important. You should say:
- what the technology is
- when you got it
- how often you use it
and say how different your daily life would be without it.
I don’t have many gadgets … just a computer … a laptop and my mobile phone … but I’ll talk about my computer as it’s so useful … it’s funny really … 2 years ago I was still learning to use computers … how to use email … send attachments how to access websites … then I decided to do a digital editing course for video and photography … and so I bought the laptop when I started the course … my husband had a desktop PC but it was very slow so I decided to upgrade to a powerful one because we do a lot of video editing on the course … it’s a high-spec laptop … very fast … the latest operating system … it boots up really quickly and it’s fun to use so it makes working a pleasure … I’ve become a competent computer user now … if I didn’t have it I daresay I’d have to spend more time at college using their computers … but on the positive side I suppose I’d read a lot more if I didn’t have it … I probably waste a lot of time surfing the web … but hopefully I won’t have to be without it …
4. DOWNLOAD Full 30 Topic Related Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking
Trên đây là 3 topic đầu tiên trong tổng hợp 30 topic related vocabulary for IELTS Speaking. Các bạn có thể tiếp tục đọc thêm trong file PDF dưới đây.
Các bạn có thể tải file PDF 30 Topic Related Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking
Hy vọng với những từ vựng, cụm từ hay cho 30 topic thường gặp mà hocsinhgioi đã tổng hợp trên bài viết sẽ giúp các bạn nâng cao được band điểm của mình hơn trong thời gian tới. Tuy nhiên, hãy nhớ luyện tập thường xuyên bởi phải ứng dụng nhiều thì bạn mới có thể nhớ được những từ vựng đã học nhé!