What do you like doing in your free time? What are your favourite activities and hobbies? How much free time do you have? Tổng hợp chủ đề topic Talk about your favorite leisure activity sau đây hãy theo dõi nhé.
Nội dung bài viết
General Free Time Activities
- Go to the cinema – to see Hollywood blockbuster movies, Bollywood movies (from India), art films, animated films. You can also say go to the movies.
- Some film categories are: Comedy, Drama, Horror, Thriller, Action, Science Fiction (Sci-Fi), Fantasy, Documentary, Musical.
- Watch TV – Different types of television programs are: The News, Soap Operas, Criminal Investigation Dramas, Medical Dramas, Reality TV, Situation Comedies (Sit-Coms), Talk Shows, Documentaries, Cartoons, Game Shows, Sports programs, Movies, Political programs, Religious programs.
- Spend time with family – You can do many things with your family. Usually, the fact that you are together is more important than the activity.
- Go out with friends – You can also do many things with your friends, like go out to a bar, go dancing at a club, have dinner at a restaurant, play a sport, sit down and talk, go out for a coffee, have a barbecue, or any other activity that you all enjoy. Or sometimes when you don’t do anything specific, you can say hang out with friends.
- Surf the internet – On the internet, you can research a topic you are interested in using a search engine, visit your favourite websites, watch music videos, create your own video and upload it for other people to see, maintain contact with your friends using a social networking site, write your thoughts in a blog, learn what is happening in the world by reading news websites, etc.
- Play video games – You can play games on your computer or on a game consoles, like PlayStation, X-Box, Wii, PSP, Gameboy, etc. You can play on your own or with your friends or family.
- Play a musical instrument – Learn to play the piano, guitar, violin, cello, flute, piano accordion, mouth organ, panpipes, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, etc. You can play on your own or with a group, such as a band or an orchestra.
- Listen to music – Turn up the volume and listen to your favourite type of music, such as pop, rock, hip hop, rhythm & blues, blues, jazz, classical, soul, heavy metal.
- Read – Many people love to read both fiction and non-fiction books and magazines. If you like fiction, you can read novels, short stories, crime fiction, romance, etc. If you like non-fiction, you can read biographies, autobiographies, or books on history, science, philosophy, religion, or any other topic you are interested in.
- Write – Many people like to write in their diary. Another name for a diary is a journal. You can also write many other things, such as poetry, novels, letters, short stories, etc. (See under Read for more options).
- Go to the park – You can go to the park alone, with family or with friends. You can take a picnic rug and a picnic basket and have a picnic. You can read, sleep, kick a football around, climb trees or play on the children’s playground.
- Go to cultural locations and events – There are many types of cultural locations and events. You can go to the museum, to an art gallery or to the zoo to see animals from around the world. You can go to concerts, plays, musicals, dance recitals and opera performances.
- Go shopping – Many people like to go to shopping malls and areas of the city that are known for shopping to buy clothes or items for their houses and gardens.
- Cook – Many people like to cook different types of food. You can make meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can bake cakes, cookies, slices and pastries in the oven. Some people boast that they have a special recipe – ask them to cook it for you!
- Study something – There are many things that you can study just because you find it interesting! You can study a language; you can learn a skill, such as cooking or making furniture; or you can even study the hieroglyphs of the ancient Egyptians, if you want to!
- Art and crafts – There are many, many arts and crafts that you can learn and practice. You can paint, draw, sew, crochet, knit, sculpt, engrave, make furniture, make jewelry, or you can even create your own new art form!
- Gardening – You can plant flowers, vegetables or herbs and maintain your garden by watering it, pulling the weeds and feeding it with fertilizer.
- Exercise and play a sport – To stay fit and healthy, you can do exercise alone, such as swimming or working out at a gym, or you can play a team sport, such as football or basketball. For more information on sports and exercise, go to our Sports Page.
Mẫu Talk about your favorite leisure activity
You know, I go to school during the weekday, so I have little leisure time.Therefore, I usually watch films on the weekend. I really enjoy watching many types of films, but my favourite is dramas. Twice a week, I go to the cinema to watch there. I sometimes watch films online if I cannot find the films I want in the cinema. I had more experience in life when I watching films which help me less stressful and more self-confident after days of hard study.Thanks to the film, I can broaden my knowledge and I learn new things.
Answer the question
- What do you usually do in your free time? I really enjoy watching films in my leisure time.
- How much time do you spend a day on leisure activities? I spend 3 hours on the weekend watching films.
- How do you feel? I feel less stressful and more self-confident.
- What are the harmful things it may bring us? The harmful things it may bring us such us: poor eyesight, obesity.
Finding little leisure time in this modern, tough and complicated world, where we are all so busy, is never an easy proposition. And, this holds true at least for me. So, whenever I manage some leisure time, I make sure that I do make the best use of it by visiting a nearby park.
Yes, as I’ve just mentioned, I like to visit a park, preferably having a lake in it, with some of my friends and neighbours whenever I get an opportunity (by the way, sometimes, I have to go alone because others may have different priorities). I also don’t forget to grab a food basket and a blanket/bed sheet for a lazy feast on the grassy lawn of the park unless, of course, it rains. Finally, accompany with us are some fishing rods and camera as well.
Anyway, once we arrive at the park, the first thing we do is to wander around in it for a while and warm ourselves up for the next big “thing”, which is taking pictures of different kinds of plants, as well as the local animal residents who are never scared to get “cosy” with us. Our picture taking activities, while wandering around, continue until we get tired and hungry.
So, we just grab our food and eat them for as long as we could in a very lazy manner by sitting on the grassy park lawns. Food makes us even more tired and lazy, because of eating too much of it, but never tired enough to do our next significant thing, which is to do some fishing in the lake. Needless to say, of course, we seldom catch any fish, not even after making some “valiant” efforts.
I like to spend my leisure time in this way mainly because it perfectly fits with my “laidback” lifestyle. Besides, it allows me to get close to Mother Nature and to enjoy it while also doing some fun and recreational activities. Finally, it helps me recover from the hectic work schedules of a long week.
Nếu bạn đang gặp khó khăn trong quá trình ôn luyện IELTS
Hãy tham khảo ngay 07 khóa học IELTS uy tín tại HCM
Tặng ngay Voucher 1.000.000 cho thành viên tuhocielts.vn => TƯ VẤN NGAY
I have classes 5 days a week, I attend a diploma course on Computing and I do some tuitions as well and all of those activities and my study make my days busy. However, I maintain some leisure activities and in my day-off, I go through a different routine.
I love to read books and maintain my own blog. Whenever I get time either I read books or write/ moderate my blog. Besides reading and writing for my blog, I play some indoor games with my friends and family members like chess, computer games etc. If it’s an outdoor game, I play with my neighbours or friends.
I read books mostly in my study room and sometimes in the nearby library. I work on my computer to update my blogs. I mostly read fictions and historical books. The blog I maintain is mostly technology related and I add the details with images for my blog readers. Two friends of mine are now the moderator of this blog and they contribute to this blog as well.
I like to utilise my leisure time and enjoy very much what I do. Reading books is the most prudent investment of leisure time and I learn many things from reading. Maintaining a blog is a great way of improving the writing and sharing knowledge and that helps me greatly to explore new things as I need to read a lot to generate ideas to write.
The indoor game like chess is a great way of passing time and it also helps to do some brainstorming. I take part in the outdoor games to both enjoy the game and to keep my body and mind fresh and fit.
Mong rằng với những chia sẻ ở trên sẽ giúp bạn hoàn thành bài thi IELTS 1 cách tốt nhất. Chúc bạn thành công!