Nắm chắc bài tập Verb Form trong tiếng Anh – Đáp án chi tiết
Verb Form (Dạng của động từ) trong tiếng Anh một dạng chuyên đề trong ngữ pháp thường gặp trong bài thi nhưng cũng rất hay gây ra nhầm lẫn. Chính vì vậy, trong bài viết này hocsinhgioi sẽ gửi đến kiến thức tổng quát về các dạng của Động từ trong tiếng Anh và bài tập Verb form có đáp án chi tiết. Hãy cùng tìm hiểu nhé!
Nội dung chính
I. Lý thuyết về Verb Form
Dạng của động từ là kiểu bài tập luôn xuất hiện trong các bài kiểm tra, bài viết cung cấp gần như đầy đủ các trường hợp theo sau là Ving, to V và V để người học dễ nhớ và áp dụng hiệu quả.
Hãy cùng hocsinhgioi tìm hiểu lí thuyết tổng quát về những dạng của động từ trong tiếng Anh.
1. Bare infinitive (bare) – động từ nguyên mẫu không To
Những động từ sau được theo sau bởi V-ing: Admit, avoid, delay, enjoy, excuse, consider, deny, finish, imagine, forgive, keep, mind, miss, postpone, practice, resist, risk, stop, remember, forget, regret, suggest, like, propose, detest, dread, resent, pardon, try, fancy, can’t stand (=endure), can’t help (=prevent/ avoid), it’s no use/good, there is no point in,…
- Sau modal verbs là động từ nguyên mẫu không “to”(V1): Will. Shall/ should / could/ can / may / must/ might/ had better/would rather
- Sau auxilary verbs(Trợ động từ): do, does, did + V1.
- Sau make, let, help + V1.
2. To infinitive (V1) – động từ nguyên mẫu có To
Những động từ sau được theo sau trực tiếp bởi the infinitive: Agree, appear, arrange, attempt, ask, decide, determine, be determined, fail, endeavor, forget, happen, hope, learn, manage, offer, plan, prepare, promise, prove, refuse, remember, seem, tend, threaten, try, volunteer expect, want, mean,…
- Làm chủ ngữ (subject)
- Làm tân ngữ của động từ(object of verb)
- Làm bổ ngữ cho tân ngữ (object complement)
- Làm tính từ khi rút gọn mệnh đề quan hệ
- Làm trạng từ khi rút gọn mệnh đề chỉ nguyên nhân – kết quả
3. Gerund – Danh động từ
Danh động từ Gerund: là những danh từ được thêm đuôi ing phía sau và trở thành từ đóng vai trò như động từ.
- Làm chủ ngữ
- Làm tân ngữ
- Làm bổ ngữ
- Đứng sau thành ngữ
- Thành lập danh từ kép
Xem thêm những bài viết đáng chú ý
- Quy tắc và cách phát âm tiếng Anh 2021 chi tiết
- Các hành tinh trong hệ mặt trời – Thứ tự và tên tiếng Anh
- Review ngành ngôn ngữ anh – Có nên học hay không
II. Bài tập về Verb Forms trong tiếng Anh
Dạng động từ trong tiếng Anh là một phần ngữ pháp rất rộng nên muốn hiểu rõ cách sử dụng và cấu trúc thì bạn phải làm nhiều bài tập hằng ngày. Chính vì vậy, hocsinhgioi đã tổng hợp cho các bạn những dạng bài tập về Verb Forms trong tiếng Anh từ cơ bản đến nâng cao. Bài tập sẽ có đáp án đi kèm phía sau để các bạn kiểm tra lại bài làm của mình.
Bài tập 1
Cho dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc
Tutor: So have you managed (1) ……………… (finish) the assignment, Kumiko?
Kumiko: Well, I’ve nearly finished but I forgot (2) ……………… (add) a bibliography, so I’d like (3) ……………… (have) an extension, if that’s possible?
Tutor: How long will you need (4) ……………… (do) it?
Kumiko: I aim (5) ……………… (finish) it today, but maybe two days would be the best thing.
Tutor: Yes, that’s fine. Have you begun (6) ……………… (work) on your dissertation yet?
Kumiko: Yes, I started (7) ……………… (write) my questionnaire a couple of weeks ago, but I stopped (8) ……………… (complete) this assignment. I’m planning (9) ……………… (get) the questionnaire ready by the end of the week, and I’m hoping (10) ……………… (show) it to you for your comments before I use it. Could we meet next week?
Tutor: Yes, of course. I’m afraid I can’t find my diary though. I remember (11) ……………… (put) it in my briefcase this morning, but it doesn’t seem (12) ……………… (be) there. Why don’t you email me with a suitable time?
Kumiko: Yes, okay.
Tutor: So, I’ll see you in the seminar tomorrow. Don’t forget (13) ……………… (email) me!
Kumiko: Thank you, I’ll try (14) ……………… (remember).
Bài tập 2
Chia động từ trong ngoặc
- I caught him (climb) ___________ over my wall. I asked him (explain) but he refused (say) ___________ anything, so in the end I had (let) him (go) ___________.
- When at last I succeeded in (convince) ___________ him that I wanted (get) home quickly he put his foot on the accelerator and I felt the car (leap) ___________ forward.
- I’m not used to (drive) ___________ on the left. When you see everyone else (do) ___________ it you’ll find it quite easy (do) ___________ yourself.
- It is pleasant (sit) ___________ by the fire at night and (hear) ___________ the wind (howl) ___________ outside.
- There was no way of (get) ___________ out of the building except by (climb) ___________ down a rope and Ann was too terrified (do) ___________ this.
- We heard the engines (roar) ___________ as the plane began (move) ___________ and we saw the people on the ground (wave) ___________ good-bye.
- It’s no good (write) ___________ to him; he never answers letters. The only thing (do) is (go) ___________ and (see) ___________ him.
- Why did you go all round the field instead of (walk) ___________ across it? I didn’t like (cross) ___________ it because of the bull. I never see a bull without (think) ___________ that it wants (chase) me.
- The people in the flat below seem (be) ___________ having a party. You can hear the champagne corks (thud) ___________ against their ceiling.
- I don’t like (get) ___________ bills but when I do get them I like (pay) ___________ them promptly.
Đáp án 3
Chọn đáp án đúng
1. All the passengers were made ________ their seat belts during the turbulence.
a. buckle b. to buckle c. buckling d. for buckling.
2. ________ good ice cream, youneed touse a lot of cream.
a. Make b. Making c. To make d. For make
3. I got my friend ________ her car for the weekend.
a. tolet me toborrow b. to let me borrow
c. let me borrow d. let me to borrow
4. How can youlet such a silly incident ________ your friendship?
a. wreck b. to wreck c. wrecking d. that wrecks
5. ‘How about going to the theater?’ ‘OK,’ but I would rather ______ a concert.’
a. attend b. to attend c. attending d. have attended
6. The skiers would rather ________ through the mountains than go by bus.
a. to travel on train b. traveled by train
c. travel by train d. traveling by the train
7. If we leave now for our trip, we can drive half the distance before we stop ___ lunch.
a. having b. to have c. having had d. for having
8. The examiner made us ___ our identification in order to be admitted to the test center.
a. show b. showing c. to show d. showed
9. As we entered the room, we saw a rat ________ towards a hole in the skirting board.
a. scamper b. to scamper c. scampering d. was scampering
10. I remember ________ to Paris when I was a very small child.
a. to be taken b. to take c. being taken d. taking
Bài tập 4
Chia dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc
- I don’t like (get) _____ bills but when I do get them I like (pay) _____ them promptly.
- Ask him (come) _____ in. Don’t keep him (stand) _____ at the door.
- The boys next door used (like) ______ (make) ______ and (fly) ______ model aero planes, but they seem to have stopped (do) ______ that now.
- I knew I wasn’t the first (arrive)______, for I saw smoke (rise) _____ from the chimney.
- We watched the men (saw) _____ the tree and as we were walking away heard it (fall) ______ with a tremendous crash.
- I hate (see) ______ a child (cry).
- We watched the children (jump) _____ from a window and (fall) _____ into a blanket held by the people below.
- It is very unpleasant (wake) ______ up and (hear) ______ the rain (beat) _____on the windows.
- He saw the lorry (begin) ______ (roll) forwards but he was too far away (do) ______ anything (stop) ______ it.
- There are people who can’t help (laugh) ______ when they see someone (slip) ______ on a banana skin.
- I prefer (drive) ______ to (be driven) ______.
Bài tập 5
Chọn đáp án đúng
1. My parents wouldn’t _______ to the party.
a. allow me go b. allow me to go c. allow me going d. allow to go
2. We are going to have my house _______ tomorrow morning.
a. paint b. painting c. painted d. to be painted
3. We hope that the students themselves will enjoy ______ part in the projects.
a. to take b. taking c. to be taken d. being taken
4. Sally’s low test scores kept her from _______ to the university.
a. admitting b. to admit c. to be admitted d. being admitted
5. Are yousure youtold me about the party? I don’t recall _______ about it.
a. having told b. to have told c. having been told d. to have been told
6. I meant to get up early but I forgot _______ up my alarm clock.
a. wind b. to wind c. wind d. wound
7. Look at the state of the gate. It needs ________ as soon as possible.
a. to repair b. repairing c. being repaired d. be repaired
8. Alice didn’t expect ________ to Bill’s party.
a. asking b. being asked c. to ask d. to be asked
9. We asked ________ the piano so early in the morning, but she won’t.
a. Marie to stop playing b. Marie stop to play
c. that Marie stops playing d. Marie to stop to play
10. A good teacher makes her students ________ the world from new perspectives.
a. to view b. view c. to be viewed d. viewing
Bài tập 6
Viết lại những câu sau đây sao cho đúng nhất
- My / dad / water / some plants / the / garden.
- Mary / have / lunch / her / friends / a / restaurant.
- My / student / draw / a / beautiful / picture
- I / hope / that / you / come / my house / tomorrow.
- You / please / close / door?
Bài tập 7
Chia động từ trong ngoặc sao cho đúng
Ali decided that he wanted (1-study) abroad. (2-achieve) his goal, he had many things that he had (3-do) . Firstly he needed (4-improve) his English so he could take the IELTS test. Unfortunately Ali disliked (5-learn) English so this would not be much fun. His friend recommended (6-attend) a school close to his house. Ali went to look and from what he could see it seemed (7-be) a good school. He didn’t delay (8-register) for a course. He managed (9-get) a good price for the course because they had a special offer on. This was good because he could not afford (10-pay) too much.
Bài tập 8
Chọn đáp án đúng
1. He resented his father….. him no money in the will.
A. Leaving B. To leave C. Leaving/ to leave
2. She intended …..the work by 7pm.
A. Finishing B. To finish C. Finishing/ to finish
3. She continued ……the medicine for two weeks.
A. Taking B. To take C. Taking/to take
4. He quit …… to persuade his friends to go with him.
A. Trying B. To try C. Trying/to try
5. The government discussed ….. the level of taxes.
A. Reducing B. To reduce C. Reducing/to reduce
6. He started …. an addiction to the drugs.
A. Developing B. To develop C. Developing/to develop
7. He claims…. the best builder in the town.
A. Being B. To be C. Being/ To be
8. Developed countries tend…. the highest levels of obesity.
A. Having B. To have C. Having/ Tohave
9. I couldn’t sleep so I tried …. some hot milk.
A. Drinking B. To Drink C. Drinking/ To drink
10. She tried … the book on the high shelf but she was too small.
A. Reaching B. To Reach C. Reaching/ To reach
Bài tập 9
Chia động từ trong ngoặc
He had never read much in his life and knew he was weak in this area, so he practiced (1 – read) as much as he could. He hated (2 – write) in English too as his grammar was quite weak so he also planned (3 – practice) writing as many essays as possible. His teachers agreed (4 – check) these for him. As it turned out, Ali actually really enjoyed (5 – study) English. The other students on the course didn’t hesitate (6 – help) Ali and the teachers always offered (7 – assist) him if he was stuck. He kept up his studying for a number of months because he wouldn’t risk (8 – sit) the exam until he was ready.
Bài tập 10
1. They tried … to the party on time but the bus was delayed.
A. Getting B. To get C. Getting/ To Get
2. We tried …. the window, but it was so hot outside it didn’t help.
A. Getting B. To get C. Getting/ To Get
3. You should stop ….., it’s not good for your health.
A. Smoking B. To Smoke C. Smoking/to smoke
4. We stopped ….. because we were tired.
A. Studying B. To study C. Smoking/to smoke
5. Oh no! I forgot …. milk.
A. Buying B. To buy C. Buying/to buy
6. Please don’t forget …. some juice on your way home.
A. Picking B. To pick up C. Buying/to buy
7. Please remember ….. your homework.
A. Bringing B. To Bring C. Bringing/To bring
8. I remember (go) to the beach as a child.
A. Going B. To go C. Going/To go
9. I regret …. you the train has been delayed.
A. Telling B. To tell C. Telling/ To tell
10. I don’t fancy ….. out tonight.
A. Going B. To go C. Going/ Togo
Bài tập 11
Chia động từ trong ngoặc cho đúng
- She avoided (tell) him about her plans.
- I would like (come) to the party with you.
- He enjoys (have) a bath in the evening.
- She kept (talk) during the film.
- I am learning (speak) English.
- Do you mind (give) me a hand?
- She helped me (carry) my suitcases.
- He decided (study) biology.
- I dislike (wait).
- They plan (start) college in the autumn.
- I promise (help) you tomorrow.
- We discussed (go) to the cinema, but in the end we stayed at home.
- She agreed (bring) the pudding to the dinner.
- We hope (visit) Amsterdam next month.
- She suggested (go) to the museum.
Bài tập 12
Then came the time for Ali (1 – take) the test. He couldn’t stop (2 – worry) before the test. His teacher had recommended (21-do) the Task 2 first in the writing so he followed those instructions. He finished (2 – write) his Task 2 after exactly 40 minutes and then went on to the Task 1. The speaking test seemed (3 – go) quite well even though he was nervous. He can recall (4 – ask) the examiner at the end how well he had done but she refused (5 – tell) him. Then came the time for his result. He had expected ( 6 – get) a band 5.5 but he was surprised (7 – find) out that he had been given a band 6.
Bài tập 13
Chia động từ ở trong ngoặc
- They are used to (prepare) new lessons.
- By (work) day and night , he succeeded in (finish) the job in time.
- His doctor advised him (give) up (smoke).
- Please stop (talk). We will stop (eat) lunch in ten minutes.
- Stop (argue) and start (work).
- I like (think) carefully about things before (make) decision.
- Ask him (come) in. Don’t keep him (stand) at the door.
- Did you succeed in (solve) the problem?
- Don’t forget (lock) the door before (go) to bed.
- Don’t try (persuade) me. Nothing can make me ( change) my mind.
Bài tập 14
Chia động từ ở trong ngoặc
- The children prefer (watch) TV to (read) books.
- The boys like (play) games but hate (do) lessons.
- Would you like (go) now or shall we wait till the end?
- I can’t find my favorite book. You (see) it?
- We used (dream) of a television set when we (be) small.
- Would you mind (show) me how (send) an email?
- He always think about (go) swimming.
- She dislikes (do) a lot of housework.
- My children enjoy (read) books.
- She looked forward to (see) you.
Bài tập 15
- The bus was full. We couldn’t ……..
- I’ve been standing for the last two hours. I’m going to …. for a bit.
- A cat tried to catch the bird, but it …. just in time.
- We were trapped in the building. We couldn’t …. .
- I can’t hear you very well. Can you …. a little?
- “Do you speak German?” “Not very well, but I can …. .”
- The cost of living is higher now. Prices have …. a lot.
- I thought there was somebody behind me, but when I …., there was nobody there.
Đáp án bài tập 1
- To finish
- To add
- To have
- To do
- To finish
- Working / To work
- Writing / To write
- To complete
- To get
- To show
- To be
- To email
- To remember
Đáp án bài tập 2
- climbing, to explain, to say, to let, go
- convincing, to get, leap
- driving, doing, to do
- to sit, (to) hear, howling
- getting, climbing, to do
- roar/roaring, to move/moving, waving
- writing, to do, to go, see
- walking, to cross, thinking, to chase
- to be having, thudding
- getting, to pay
Đáp án bài tập 3
Đáp án bài tập 4
- to come, standing
- to like making and flying . . . doing
- to arrive, rising
- sawing, fall/falling
- to see/seeing, crying/cry
- jump/jumping, fall/falling
- to wake, (to) hear, beating
- beginning to roll/begin to roll/begin rolling, to do, to stop
- laughing, slipping/slip
- driving, being driven
Đáp án bài tập 5
Đáp án bài tập 6
- My father is watering some plants in the garden.
- Mary is having lunch with her friends in a restaurant.
- My student is drawing a (very) beautiful picture.
- I hope that you will come my house tomorrow
- Will you please close the door?
Đáp án bài tập 7
1. To study
2. To Achieve
3. To Do
4. To Improve
7. To be
9. To get
10. To pay
Đáp án bài tập 8
Đáp án bài tập 9
- Writing/ To write
- To practice
- To check
- To help
- To Assist
- To take
Đáp án bài tập 10
Đáp án bài tập 11
- To Come
- To speak
- To carry
- To study
- To start
- To help
- To Bring
- To vist
Đáp án bài tập 12
- To go
- To tell
- To get
Đáp án bài tập 13
- working – finishing
- to give up – smoking
- talking – to eat
- arguing – to work
- to think – making
- to come – standing
- to lock – going
- to persuade
Đáp án bài tập 14
- watching – reading
- playing – doing
- to go
- have …seen
- to dream – were
- showing – to send
Đáp án bài tập 15
- get on
- sit down
- flew away
- get out
- speak up
- get by
- gone up
- looked round
III. Link Download tổng hợp bài tập Verb Form trong tiếng Anh
Để giúp các bạn dễ tiếp cận và nắm rõ kiến thức hocsinhgioi đã tổng hợp tài liệu lí thuyết đầy đủ cần thiết và kèm theo đó là những dạng bài tập Verb Form từ cơ bản đến nâng cao có đáp án chi tiết để ôn tập lại kiến thức.
Tải Bài tập Verb Form: TẠI ĐÂY
Trên đây là bài viết kiến thức tổng quan về dạng của động từ trong tiếng Anh. Đặc biệt hocsinhgioi đã cung cấp cho bạn những dạng bài tập về Verb Form có đáp án chi tiết. Hy vọng bài viết này sẽ giúp bạn học có cái nhìn rõ ràng về động từ và các dạng động từ trong tiếng Anh.